Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The girls first day of school!!

Here we go again.....I think the first day of school every year brings me to tears. It's always hard for me to let the girls go, especially since they are all in a full day of school. They were super excited to start at their new school "Roosevelt Elementary". This is actually the elementary school that Bryan went to. I think part of him was happy that they were following in his footsteps...GO ROOSEVELT RAPTORS. When we picked them up afterwards Madi told us that she only made 10 friends and then gave us a huge grin. Brooklyn was passing out my cell phone number to everyone in sight (she claimed they were all her new friends). Kelsie loves 6th grade and gets to go across the street to the Jr. High for first period for band and then has to hurry across the street to the elementary school before the first bell rings. She's made friends with two girls named Taylor and calls them the Taylor twins. Over all I can't believe how well the girls always adjust to something new, they inspire me.

2 comments:

Andy and Katy said...

Let's just say that I am so glad that you figured out how to use your blog, and now that your girls are in full day school we expect your presence at every wednesday play date. We need someone to watch our kids while we make cards!!! hee, hee!

Kim Burnham said...

look at your cute kiddos!!!! we're missing ya!
lots of tears here today and my little one went off to full day kindergarten!